US Telecom Companies

If you're planning a trip to the United States from Australia, you may be wondering about the call code for the USA and which telecom companies operate there. Here's everything you need to know. 

US Call Code

The call code for the USA is +1. This code is used to dial any phone number within the United States, whether it's a landline or mobile number. If you're calling from outside the country, you'll need to dial your country's international access code, followed by the +1 code and the local phone number.

US Telecom Companies

When it comes to telecom companies, the United States has a competitive market with several major players. The largest telecom companies in the United States are Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. These companies offer a range of plans and services, including voice, text, and data plans for mobile phones, as well as internet and TV services for homes and businesses.

Choosing a Telecom Company

When it comes to choosing a telecom company for your trip to the United States, there are a few things to consider. First, you'll want to look at the coverage area and signal strength of each company in the areas you'll be visiting. You don't want to choose a company that has poor coverage in the areas you'll be spending most of your time.

Another important consideration is the cost of the plan. Some plans may offer more data or minutes than others, but also come with a higher price tag. Be sure to compare prices and features to find the plan that best fits your budget and needs.

Prepaid SIM Cards

Many telecom companies also offer prepaid SIM cards, which can be a good option for short-term visitors. These cards come pre-loaded with a certain amount of data, minutes, and texts, and can be purchased at many retail stores and online. Prepaid plans can be a convenient and cost-effective option if you don't need a lot of data or minutes, or if you'll only be in the United States for a short period of time.

US Telecome SIM Card

If you have an unlocked phone, you can also purchase a SIM card from a local telecom company in the United States. This can be a good option if you plan to stay in the country for an extended period of time or if you need a lot of data or minutes.

How to stay connected in the USA

Another option is to rent a mobile phone from a company that specializes in international travel. These companies offer rental phones that come pre-loaded with a SIM card and a local phone number. This can be a convenient option if you don't want to deal with the hassle of purchasing a SIM card or unlocking your existing phone.

Postpaid Plans

If you're staying in the United States for an extended period of time, you may want to consider signing up for a postpaid mobile phone plan. These plans require a credit check and a contract commitment, but can offer lower rates and more flexibility in terms of services and features.


In addition to telecom companies, the United States has a well-developed network of Wi-Fi hotspots. Many cafes, restaurants, and public areas offer free Wi-Fi access, so you can stay connected even if you don't have a mobile phone plan.

Overall, the United States offers a wide range of telecom options for visitors. Whether you need a mobile phone plan, internet service, or TV access, there are several companies to choose from. Be sure to research your options and compare prices and services to find the plan that best meets your needs. And don't forget the call code for the USA (+1) to stay in touch with family and friends back home!

Thanks for visiting our blog, are you planning to travel to the US? Check out our USA SIM card before you take off.

>Before you take off make sure to check with local government of the travel status.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published