Europe is a dream destination for many Australian travelers, offering a mix of stunning landscapes, rich culture, and delicious cuisines. Whether you're looking for a city break, a beach holiday, or an adventure trip, Europe has something for everyone. To help you plan your European adventure, we've put together a guide to some of the best holiday packages available.
Jetting off to Europe soon? Don't leave without checking out our eSIM Europe, designed for hassle-free travel connectivity
Best European Holiday Packages for Australian Travelers
1. London and Paris Package
The London and Paris package is one of the most popular holiday packages for Australian travelers. This package includes flights, accommodation, and tours of both cities. In London, you'll visit famous landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, and the British Museum. You'll also get to experience the vibrant nightlife and shopping scene of the city. In Paris, you'll visit iconic attractions like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, and Notre-Dame Cathedral. You'll also get to indulge in French cuisine and explore the city's charming streets.
1.1 Highlights of London
London is a vibrant and bustling city with plenty to see and do. Some of the highlights of London include:
- Buckingham Palace: the official residence of the British monarch, and home to the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony.
- The Tower of London: a historic castle and UNESCO World Heritage site, which has served as a royal palace, a prison, and a treasury over the years.
- The British Museum: one of the world's greatest museums, with collections spanning over two million years of human history.
- West End: London's theater district, where you can catch a musical or play.
- Camden Market: a lively shopping and dining destination, with hundreds of stalls selling everything from vintage clothing to street food.
1.2 Highlights of Paris
Paris is known as the City of Love, but it's also a cultural hub with plenty of attractions. Some of the highlights of Paris include:
- The Eiffel Tower: an iconic landmark and one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world.
- The Louvre Museum: home to the famous Mona Lisa painting and many other priceless artworks.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral: a stunning example of French Gothic architecture, which has recently reopened after a devastating fire.
- Montmartre: a charming neighborhood famous for its artists, cafes, and spectacular views over the city.
- Champs-Élysées: a tree-lined boulevard known for its luxury shops, theaters, and cafes.
2. Italy Package
Italy is a must-visit destination for any traveler, and this package will allow you to experience the best of this beautiful country. This package typically includes flights, accommodation, and tours of Rome, Florence, and Venice. In Rome, you'll visit the Colosseum, the Vatican City, and the Trevi Fountain. In Florence, you'll explore the Renaissance art and architecture of the city and visit the famous Uffizi Gallery. In Venice, you'll experience the unique charm of the city by taking a gondola ride and visiting the beautiful St. Mark's Square.
2.1 Highlights of Rome
Rome is one of the most historic and fascinating cities in the world. Some of the highlights of Rome include:
- The Colosseum: an iconic symbol of Ancient Rome, where gladiators fought to the death.
- The Vatican City: the smallest independent state in the world, home to the Pope and some of the world's most famous artworks.
- The Trevi Fountain: a stunning Baroque masterpiece, which is said to grant wishes to those who toss a coin into the water.
- The Pantheon: a stunning ancient temple, which has been used as a church since the 7th century.
- The Spanish Steps: a picturesque staircase leading up to a church, which is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike.
2.2 Highlights of Florence
Florence is known as the birthplace of the Renaissance, and it's easy to see why. Some of the highlights of Florence include:
- The Uffizi Gallery: home to an incredible collection of Renaissance masterpieces, including works by Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.
- The Duomo: a stunning cathedral with a distinctive dome, which dominates the city's skyline.
- Ponte Vecchio: a medieval bridge lined with shops, which is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike.
- Palazzo Pitti: a grand palace which houses several museums and galleries.
- Piazza della Signoria: a bustling square with many historic statues and buildings, including the Palazzo Vecchio.
2.3. Highlights of Venice
Venice is a city like no other, with its network of canals and charming streets. Some of the highlights of Venice include:
- St. Mark's Square: a stunning square surrounded by historic buildings, including the famous St. Mark's Basilica.
- The Grand Canal: the main waterway of Venice, which is lined with beautiful buildings and palaces.
- The Rialto Bridge: a beautiful stone bridge which spans the Grand Canal, and is a popular spot for tourists to take photos.
- Gondola ride: taking a gondola ride is a must-do activity in Venice, and is a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
- Murano Island: a nearby island famous for its glassblowing traditions, where you can see artisans at work and buy handmade glassware.
3. Spain Package
Spain is a vibrant and colorful country, with a rich history and culture. This package typically includes flights, accommodation, and tours of Madrid, Barcelona, and Seville. In Madrid, you'll visit the famous Prado Museum and enjoy the city's buzzing nightlife. In Barcelona, you'll see the unique architecture of Antoni Gaudi, including the famous Sagrada Familia. In Seville, you'll explore the beautiful Alcazar Palace and witness the passion of flamenco dancing.
3.1. Highlights of Madrid
Madrid is the capital of Spain and a hub of culture and nightlife. Some of the highlights of Madrid include:
- The Prado Museum: one of the world's greatest art museums, with an incredible collection of European masterpieces.
- The Royal Palace: a grand palace which is still used by the Spanish Royal Family for official events.
- Retiro Park: a beautiful park in the heart of the city, where you can relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Gran Via: a bustling shopping and entertainment district, with many theaters, cinemas, and restaurants.
- Plaza Mayor: a beautiful square with many historic buildings, which is a popular spot for tourists to take photos.
3.2. Highlights of Barcelona
Barcelona is a city known for its unique architecture and vibrant culture. Some of the highlights of Barcelona include:
- Sagrada Familia: a unique church designed by Antoni Gaudi, which has been under construction for over 100 years.
- Park Guell: a beautiful park designed by Gaudi, which features colorful mosaics and sculptures.
- La Rambla: a bustling pedestrian street with many shops, restaurants, and street performers.
- Gothic Quarter: a historic neighborhood with many narrow streets and beautiful buildings.
- Camp Nou: the home stadium of FC Barcelona, which is a must-visit for any football fan.
3.3. Highlights of Seville
Seville is a beautiful city in the south of Spain, known for its stunning architecture and lively atmosphere. Some of the highlights of Seville include:
- Alcazar Palace: a stunning palace with beautiful gardens, which has been used as a filming location for several movies and TV shows.
- Seville Cathedral: one of the largest cathedrals in the world, which features a stunning gold altarpiece and the tomb of Christopher Columbus.
- Plaza de España: a beautiful square with a distinctive brick building and a large fountain.
- Flamenco dancing: Seville is known for its passionate flamenco dancing, and there are many places where you can see a live performance.
4. Eastern Europe Package
The Eastern Europe package is perfect for those looking to explore a different side of Europe. The package typically includes flights, accommodation, and tours of Prague, Budapest, and Vienna. These cities are rich in history and culture, and each has its own unique charm.
4.1. Highlights of Prague
Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is known for its beautiful architecture, historic landmarks, and vibrant culture. Some of the highlights of Prague include:
- Prague Castle: a massive complex of buildings, including the Gothic St. Vitus Cathedral and the beautiful Golden Lane.
- Charles Bridge: a pedestrian bridge that spans the Vltava River, featuring stunning views of the city and its many spires.
- Old Town Square: a bustling square with beautiful architecture, including the famous Astronomical Clock.
- Jewish Quarter: a historic neighborhood with many synagogues and the Jewish Cemetery.
- Beer tasting: Prague is known for its beer, and there are many bars and breweries where you can sample local brews.
4.2. Highlights of Budapest
Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. Some of the highlights of Budapest include:
- Buda Castle: a beautiful castle complex with stunning views of the Danube River and the city.
- Hungarian Parliament Building: a massive Gothic Revival building which is one of the most iconic landmarks of Budapest.
- Fisherman's Bastion: a beautiful lookout point with panoramic views of the city and the river.
- Thermal baths: Budapest is known for its thermal baths, which are a great way to relax and unwind.
- Ruin bars: Budapest has many unique bars housed in old buildings and courtyards, which offer a great nightlife experience.
4.3. Highlights of Vienna
Vienna, the capital of Austria, is a city of music, art, and culture. Some of the highlights of Vienna include:
- Schönbrunn Palace: a beautiful palace complex with gardens and a zoo, which was once the summer residence of the Habsburgs.
- St. Stephen's Cathedral: a beautiful Gothic cathedral with stunning views from its tower.
- Hofburg Palace: a massive complex of buildings, including the Imperial Apartments and the Spanish Riding School.
- Vienna State Opera: one of the most famous opera houses in the world, which hosts many world-class performances.
- Coffeehouses: Vienna is known for its coffeehouses, which offer a unique atmosphere and great coffee.
5. Northern Europe Package
The Northern Europe package is perfect for those looking to explore the Nordic countries. The package typically includes flights, accommodation, and tours of Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm. These cities are known for their natural beauty, innovative design, and high quality of life.
5.1. Highlights of Copenhagen
Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, is a city of design, culture, and history. Some of the highlights of Copenhagen include:
- Nyhavn: a beautiful harbor with colorful buildings and many cafes and restaurants.
- Tivoli Gardens: an amusement park with beautiful gardens and many rides and attractions.
- The Little Mermaid: a famous bronze statue inspired by the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.
- Christiansborg Palace: a beautiful palace complex with many historic rooms and the Danish Parliament.
- Bike culture: Copenhagen is known for its bike-friendly streets, and renting a bike is a great way to explore the city.
5.2. Highlights of Oslo
Oslo, the capital of Norway, is a city surrounded by forests, mountains, and fjords. Some of the highlights of Oslo include:
- Viking Ship Museum: a museum with three well-preserved Viking ships and many artifacts from the Viking Age.
- Vigeland Park: a beautiful park with over 200 sculptures by Gustav Vigeland, depicting human figures in various poses.
- Akershus Fortress: a medieval castle with stunning views of the Oslofjord.
- Munch Museum: a museum dedicated to the works of Norwegian painter Edvard Munch, including his famous painting "The Scream."
- Holmenkollen Ski Museum and Tower: a museum dedicated to the history of skiing, with a ski jump tower offering panoramic views of Oslo.
5.3. Highlights of Stockholm
Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, is a city spread across 14 islands and known for its stunning architecture, rich history, and beautiful parks. Some of the highlights of Stockholm include:
- Gamla Stan: the charming old town of Stockholm with narrow cobbled streets, colorful buildings, and many shops and cafes.
- Vasa Museum: a museum dedicated to the 17th-century warship Vasa, which sank on its maiden voyage and was salvaged centuries later.
- Skansen: an open-air museum with traditional Swedish buildings and animals, offering a glimpse into Swedish culture and history.
- City Hall: a beautiful building on the waterfront, which is the venue for the annual Nobel Prize banquet.
- Djurgården: a beautiful island with many parks, museums, and attractions, including the ABBA Museum and the Gröna Lund amusement park.
Europe offers a wide range of holiday packages for every type of traveler, from the bustling cities of Western Europe to the natural beauty of the Nordic countries. Australian travelers can easily book a package through a travel agency or online, and experience the many wonders of Europe. Whether it's exploring the historic landmarks of Prague, sipping coffee in Vienna's coffeehouses, or admiring the natural beauty of Stockholm's islands, there is something for everyone in Europe.
Thanks for visiting our blog, are you planing to travel to Europe? Check out our Europe SIM card before you take off.
Before you take off make sure to check with local government of the travel status.