What is an eSIM?
An eSIM, or Embedded SIM, is a digital SIM card alternative.
Instead of a physical chip, it's built directly into your smartphone or device. It simplifies the process of switching carriers and plans.
Hassle Free Travel
No more switching SIM cards or dealing with expensive roaming fees.
Say goodbye to pricey roaming fees and hello to cost-effective eSIM plans.
Stay connected in over 190 countries without the hassle of switching SIMs.
How do eSIMs work?
1. Check Compatibility
You can find the list of eSIM compatible phoneshere.
2. Buy your eSIM
Choose an eSIM plan that fits your travel needs and get it delivered instantly via email!
3. Scan & Activate
Scan the QR code in your email and turn on Data Roaming to activate your eSIM. Start using it right away!
Is my device eSIM compatible?
- iPhone 15, 15 Plus, 15 Pro, 15 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Mini, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR
- iPhone SE (2020, 2022)
- Apple watch SE
- Apple watch series 3, 4, 5 and 6
- iPad Pro 11″ (model A2068, from 2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (model A2069, from 2020)
- iPad Air (model A2123, from 2019)
- iPad (model A2198, from 2019)
- iPad Mini (model A2124, from 2019)
- IPad 10th generation (2022)
*On iPhone 13 and 14 models, you can have two eSIMs activated at the same time. *iPhones from mainland China and iPhone devices from Hong Kong and Macao (except for iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone XS) don’t have eSIM capability. *iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max are not compatible with physical SIM cards in the USA.See all compatible devices
- Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20+ 5g
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ 5G, S21+ Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22+, S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold3 5G, Z Fold4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip3 5G, Z Flip4
- Samsung Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
*The following Samsung devices are not compatible with eSIM:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G/5G
- Samsung S20/S21 (US versions)
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G (US versions)
- Samsung Note 20 Ultra (Versions from the US and Hong Kong)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 (Versions from the US and Hong Kong)
- Pixel 2 (only phones bought with Google Fi service), 2 XL
- Pixel 3 (not including phones bought in Australia, Taiwan or Japan. Phones bought with US or Canadian carriers other than Spring and Google Fi don’t work with eSIM), XL
- Pixel 3a (not including phones bought in Japan or with Verizon service), 3a XL
- Pixel 4, 4a, 4 XL
- Pixel 5, 5a
- Pixel 6, 6a, 6 Pro
- Pixel 7, 7 Pro
- Pixel Fold
*Google Pixel 3 devices from Australia, Japan, and Taiwan are not compatible with eSIM. *Google Pixel 3a from South East Asia is not compatible with eSIM.See all compatible devices
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro (The Huawei P40 Pro+ and P50 Pro are not compatible with eSIM)
- Motorola Razr (2019), Razr 5G
- Huawei Mate 40 pro
- Microsoft Surface Duo
- Oppo Find X5, X5 Pro, X3 Pro
- Nuu Mobile X5
- Oppo Reno 5A, Reno 6 Pro 5G
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Sony Xperia 10IV
- Fairphone 4
- Sony Xperia 10 III Lite
eSIM Compatible Devices
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
- iPad Pro (2018 and onwards)
- iPad Air
- Watch series 3
- Watch series 4
- Watch series 5
- Watch series 6
- Watch SE
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 6
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 6 Pro
- Pixel 7
- Pixel 7 Pro
- P40 Pro (not including the P40 Pro +)
- Mate 40 Pro
- Razr 2019
- Razr 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip4
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold4
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S21
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy S23
- Galaxy S23+
- Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Planet Computers
- Gemini PDA
- Rakuten Mobile
- Rakuten Mini
- Hand 5G
- Find X3 Pro
- Reno 5 A
- Find X5
- Find X5 Pro
- Xperia 10 III Lite
- Xperia 10 IV
- Xperia 1 IV
- Xperia 5 IV
- Magic 4 Pro
- 12T Pro
- Aquos Sense6s
- Aquos Wish
Frequently Asked Questions
South America Prepaid Travel SIM Cards
Planning a trip to South America?
We don’t blame you!
South America is at the top of many traveller’s bucket lists. The Latin American culture, well preserved historical sights and unbelievable scenery entices people from all over to visit this incredible part of the world.
Popular for both backpackers and the more luxurious travellers, South America boasts some of the most fascinating nature on this planet, as well as countless indigenous populations that have carried their traditions with them throughout history. You can be partying at one of the world’s biggest festivals one day and be hiking trails with alpacas by your side the next.
Whether you’re planning to sail the Galapagos Islands in search of rare wildlife, watch the sunrise over the mesmerising salt flats in Bolivia, road trip the epic coast on Uruguay’s Route 10, or surf the famous barrels in Chile – South America has something for everyone.
Our top recommendations for an unforgettable trip include hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu in Peru, swimming with pink dolphins in the Amazon River, marvelling at the world’s tallest waterfall in Venezuela, and watching the streets of Brazil come to life with its annual Carnival in Rio De Janeiro.
While each country has its own traditional dishes, they’re all known for their rich flavours and food cooked from fresh, local produce. Don't miss the opportunity to explore the diverse landscapes and vibrant cultures that South America has to offer. From the Amazon rainforest to the Andes mountains, there's an abundance of breathtaking scenery and unique culinary delights to experience. Enjoy exploring the various regions and indulging in their local specialties.
Our South America Prepaid Travel SIM
Whether you’re searching for the best surf spots in South America, scoping out some Insta-worthy photo spots or posting pictures online to make your friends and family jealous, staying connected is a breeze with our affordable, high-speed prepaid travel SIM cards.
Our SIM cards come with a 100% money-back guarantee and include hassle-free activation, so you’ll be connected as soon as you land. No more waiting in painfully long airport lines or scouring the streets looking for a SIM card.
Travel with peace of mind knowing you’ll have an extremely responsive customer support team at your disposal, and you won’t be hit with an extortionate phone bill next month from those pesky roaming charges.
Where can you use our South America travel SIM?
Our South America SIM card will work across South America and features 12GB for 30 days.
Planning to visit some places outside of South America too? Check out our Tourist SIM card which covers 120 countries so you can stay connected wherever your travel plans take you.
Order your prepaid travel SIM today and enjoy peace of mind knowing you can dive straight into your South America adventures.
We also recommend visiting Travel Advisories before you take off on your journey.
Happy and safe travels!