Wherever you travel, you'd want to stay connected to your loved ones back home. International roaming lets you connect to a mobile network in a country where you don't live.
So, you'll have to pay charges per minute when you make calls using your regular SIM card while roaming. However, using your regular SIM card in other countries can be very expensive since you get charged by two mobile network operators.
You can also be heavily charged through data roaming. So, it's best to turn off international roaming and use other options while traveling. Let's learn how to do that.
Turning Off International Roaming on Android Phones
Every device has different settings and steps you'll need to follow to turn off this feature. However, here's a list of general steps that apply to most Android devices:
- Go to your device's settings and look for the "Cellular" tab.
- Select the tab and look for a "Roaming" or "International Roaming" option.
- Tap on the option to turn it off.
- If you don't find this option on your device, contact your cellular service and ask them to turn "roaming" off or disable it.
Turning Off International Roaming on iPhones
If you use an iPhone and want to avoid roaming charges, here's how you can turn off roaming on your phone:
- Go to the "Settings" app.
- Find the "Cellular Data" or "Mobile Data" tab.
- Tap on the options in this tab.
- Click on "Data Roaming" to turn off international roaming.
If you can't turn data roaming off, you can contact your nearest Apple center. They'll help you get your phone back on track.
What to Do After Turning Roaming Off?
When you plan an international trip or go on a business trip, you need to know how to stay connected back home and to the internet. But if you've turned "roaming" off, you may be unable to talk to your loved ones.
If you're struggling with contacting your family and friends, here's what to do:
- Make sure your mobile network can work in the country you're visiting. You can find this out by asking your SIM if they provide services in the country you're traveling to and whether they have packages that can cost less.
- Track your usage and keep track of limits so you don't have to pay additional charges.
- Check out the roaming rates for the countries you plan to visit. Rates differ from country to country so ask your provider about all available options.
However, your best option is to use an international travel SIM while traveling. These SIMs come at a lower cost, and you won't have to worry about additional charges, limited calls, or using a lot of data at higher rates.
Thanks for visiting our blog, are you planing to travel to Europe? Check out our range UK SIM card before you take off.
Before you take off make sure to check with local government of the travel status.